Thursday, February 17, 2011

Artist's Exchange / Memory Lane

Last night I attended an "artist exchange" at the Copley Society. 
We heard from artists who have recently returned from residencies. 
Laurene Krasny Brown spoke about her 6 week residency at the 
on the island of Paros, Cyclades Greece.
I was fascinated with her presentation and her work is amazing.
(Incredible assemblages made with cardboard, and found materials) 

 You need to go to her website  to really "get it". 
A Paros Street
Ironically, in the early 70's,
I spent a year at the Aegean School of Fine Arts on Paros Island
so I was especially thrilled to hear her story.
Meeting this amazing woman, 
who had just returned from a place that influenced me so much, 
was thrilling!  

So much for LinkedIn.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Laurene's work is amazing! I would love to it all in person. I had to go through her site two times and have bookmarked it. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete