Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Work from Alzheimer Patients

I'd like to share some work done by the Alzheimer patients this week. 
Our topic was "still life" paintings. 
I brought two vases with flowers, some fruit, and some postcards of still life paintings.
This woman very diligently and quietly "copied" this image.
(It's of an acrylic painting by my friend Page Railsback.)

Barbara even put the chair in!  
Lorraine was a watercolorist on the Cape.
Look how she modeled the vase!

Bob told me he wasn't going to paint.
Then an aid told me he was into baseball.
We mixed up some blue and talked about what teams wear blue uniforms.
I told him to make a mark in each color for the teams that wore that color.
Orange was Baltimore. Red cardinals.
 Can you see how he made the green mark an "A"? 

This gal is just the happiest and agreeable of the bunch.
She "dances" the whole time she's there. 

4 comments:

  1. This is just amazing, Nancy. It is very touching to read how these patients can be reached through art, and it is very kind and generous of you to contribute your time to such a project. I have goosebumps just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Linda said but through tears of appreciation of you doing something so special. I am caring for 2 moms and hope one day to be able to be good enough to share a bit like this. Thanks so much for brightening my day and the day of all that participated. Very special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire you for this work, Nancy - look how much joy you've brought these folks! But the FONT on your blog has changed - it's miniscule! I need glasses for my glasses! (and you KNOW I won't be able to find them...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about the font size, too!

    Thank you so much for sharing your time and love for art with these wonderful people. What a gift you are giving them, but I wonder, what amazing gifts you are receiving, too!

    ReplyDelete