Thursday, March 31, 2011

The "win win" of donating paintings

I am donating this small painting to be auctioned off at 
"Cosmos for a Cure",
a fundraiser for a friend of mine and her daughter so they can participate 
in the Avon two day walk for cancer in April. 



"Apple of my Eye"
6 x 6


Artists get so many requests to donate paintings,
 that it's a challenge to decide what and who to give to. 
I figure, it's a great way to get your name out there 
AND help a good cause. 
(Better to have your work on someone's wall, than in your studio!)
AND it seems like every time I donate something, 
I make a contact of some kind 
that leads to a sale down the road. 
A "win win" situation, all the way around. 


 Rule of thumb:
Only donate work that YOU would bid on! 

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful painting and great advice..coming from one of the most generous, thoughtful gift givers with fabulous taste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work...I hope it brings a huge donation for the charity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, best wishes on huge donations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely. Perfect little painting, and perfect advice. I did the same (I think for the same auction!). Wise woman.

    ReplyDelete