Monday, May 22, 2017

Introducing New Exercises


I taught a one day workshop at the 
where I introduced some new exercises. 

First, I combined "designing with three values" 
with a "value to color" exercise.  


It worked out well, but next time
we will use four values.
Using only three is too limiting. 



In the afternoon we did a series of 
"generational contour drawings",
zooming in on objects in a busy still life.  



Then we did paintings from our sketches, 
thinking about the relationships of shape, line, and color.   
My friend Page Railsback came up with this gem! 


These talented artists were all   
"willing to try anything"
and I learned so much from them. 

Now it's time to get to work,
 and practice what I just taught! 




1 comment:

  1. Nancy I JUST had a pastel class at the Cape Cod Art Association this afternoon and saw one of your exercise with the mug up on the wall! How funny as i Just subscribed to your blog!

    ReplyDelete