Saturday, July 24, 2010

Out of the Box



Warm weather painting by Cathy Woo 

The North River Arts Society in Marshfield, MA has a show in August called "OTB" where artists are given an 8 x 8 board to create something in a style that is totally unlike what they usually do. People bid on the work without knowing who the artist is, so I can't post the piece I will be submitting, but I can share with you where I got my inspiration! I saw an article in The Artist's Magazine last month about this contemporary abstract artist, Cathy Woo  from Seattle. Check out her blog! 
Her paintings "create a conversation between organized structure and organic dissociation"; something that is totally Out of the Box for me.   



1 comment:

  1. I like that!! Can't wait to see yours.
    I missed the deadline for OTB but I did Duxbury, Pembroke and Provincetown so.......

    ReplyDelete