Monday, June 4, 2012

Day Three of Tim Horn Workshop

Sunday was gorgeous 
so we all met back at the boat yard. 
Tim did a demo of this scene,
simplifying it.  

The finished piece. 
Note how warm his lights are and how cool his shadows are! 

My new pal, Jean Cauthen from North Carolina 
and I set up in front of this typical Long Island structure
and had a blast trying to simplify it! 

Here's a bad image of my result.
Tim was very helpful and offered a lot of great tips.
He is a very generous instructor and I highly recommend 
his workshop! 
I had to leave early to get the ferry 
but the rest of the class painted again that afternoon. 
I feel rejuvenated and ready for a summer of plein air painting! 
Thank you Tim!  

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great workshop. His composition is very nice as well as his warm/cool. Really like your composition as well and those very nice orange/blue complements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your painting and you did a great job in simplifying your image. I would love to take a workshop from him - especially since seeing your posts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking time to share all of this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! I wanted to take this workshop but.... glad you posted it all the details of your weekend. Will definitely try to make his next workshop in the area. Are you doing another workshop soon? I look forward to all your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tim! I found his work online when I first began painting and could not wait to take a workshop with him! I did so year before last and agree with you. He is very sharing and just a fun guy to be around! So glad you were inspired by him and enjoyed your workshop too!

    ReplyDelete