Friday, October 4, 2013

Photography Class

I'm taking a digital photography class
at the SSAC this term.  
We're talking a lot about composition
and that is making me see things differently.
Especially when thinking about potential painting subjects.

" Lawn "
9 x 12 

I liked how the image below 
blocked everything into big shapes of color. 
The painting became more about that 
than the light and shadow pattern. 


Here are a few more images I've taken 
as part of my homework! 




This photo class
and the incredible light we are having this fall,
is getting me incredibly inspired!  



2 comments:

  1. As we all work from photos frequently this appears to be a very practical way to make them work better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE under the influence of Mitchell Johnson, just love the shapes and the color you found from the reference photo!

    ReplyDelete