Thursday, May 19, 2016

On Rejection


It's Juried Show time and emotions are high. 
I think it's a good time to remind ourselves of a few things: 
Everyone gets rejected. It's part of the process. 
The decision simply means that your art 
was not appealing to that judge. 
Nothing more.
Remind yourself why you are doing your art
and continue the journey.  

Here's a great article I recently read on getting rejected on the 

"Pink Sheets"
24 x 36 

"Burst of Light" 
12 x 9 

I took a gamble recently and submitted two of my newer works,
done this winter during my semester at Mass Art. 
They were both rejected.
That said,  I'm excited about the direction these are going 
and look forward to where ever I'm going!    
And that's what it's all about.  

I say;
Paint on! 



No comments:

Post a Comment