Monday, May 10, 2010

Well Hello Poppies!

The first spring we moved into our house, I was continually surprised by what was happening in the garden. The first time I saw one of these huge bright orange poppies in full bloom, it blew me away! I had never seen anything like it. The way all that color and fun literally POPS out of those funky little pods just cracks me up. The petals remind me of crinkled crepe paper. These popped yesterday. Just another one of the many wonderful gifts I got on Mother's Day!

Happy Mom's Day 
8 x 8 

3 comments:

  1. I love poppies! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poppies too. I can't believe yours are blooming already. Nice job on the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, mine popped also....about 2 weeks early this year.

    ReplyDelete