Here are two more for the Golf Course Series.
This was such a pleasant departure for me.
I'm thinking about taking up golf again.
I put it on hold when I started painting full time and miss it.
In fact, here is the "artist statement" I wrote
for my very first show
on April 12, 2001!
Painting is a lot like playing golf.
· It is a discipline.
· You have to work very hard at it to make any progress.
· The more you practice, the better you get.
· Every time you go out, you plan to be better than the last time.
· You can have a string of really bad days where nothing works at all.
· You think about quitting. Often.
· Then, one day, you go out and everything clicks and you really “hit it”.
· Then you’re hooked all over again and you can’t wait to get back at it.
The work in this show represents
some of my best “shots” at a game that
and fascinates me every day.
I hope to be playing this for the rest of my life.