Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fresh Paint this Sunday!

I am honored and proud to be participating in the
25th Annual 
Fresh Paint Event
hosted by the Copley Society of Boston
this Sunday from 9:00 - 4:00 pm. 
Over 75 artist members will be painting all over our beautiful city!

St. Botolph Street
8 x 8 
quick study 

My friend Joan Brancale and I went in on Monday 
to scope out the area behind the Colonnade Hotel.  
The trees blooming all over the South End are breathtaking! 

I don't generally paint in the city and haven't been out plein air painting 
for awhile so I did the above in my studio from a photo.
 It helped iron out some of the possible pit falls ahead of time!   
If all goes well, I will be doing a 12 x 12 
of this same scene on Sunday. 
Corner of St. Botolph and West Newton. 
In front of the 7 Eleven.
Come on by and say hello! 

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, Nancy. I even recognize the house as it is right around the corner from where I grew up on Huntington.

    ReplyDelete