Friday, July 12, 2013

"Busy Beach Day" gone wild

An idea for a long, large "Busy Beach Day" painting 
 has been simmering for a while and I finally got around to it this week.  
I bought a 12 x 24 gallery wrapped canvas,
and found the surface way too porous and frustrating,
so I used three 12 x 12 Raymar boards instead. 



   


I planned it so I can now put them together and have my long 
"Busy Beach Day" painting!"

" July Fourth" 
12 x 24 

This is exactly what I had in mind, 
so it was a joy to do. 
Love it when that happens. 



5 comments:

  1. LOVE, Love, love them ! The colors and brushstrokes are fabulous. You nailed it , Way to go !

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is Wow. So much to look at here. I can almost feel the rolling of the waves. And here and there bits of underpainting peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL NANCE. THE PAINTING MAKES ME SMILE. IT IS COLORFUL, ALIVE. BURSTING WITH WONDERFUL ENERGY. NICE WORK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your fabulous triptych. The hot glare comes thru.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design. I like how they connect subtly, and can hang together or stand alone!

    ReplyDelete