Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Plein Air Landscape


I haven't done a Plein Air painting in a long time,
but the weather was so gorgeous this week,
I did this standing outside my studio.
  

The Meadow 
8 x 8 oil 

The challenge I gave myself was 
to think of it as painting with cut paper. 

The light kept changing while milky clouds came and went. 
I used some new colors (no neutrals!) 
and mixed them with a pallet knife. 


It was so calming to be painting outside,
especially since I was nervously waiting 
for my first Grandchild to arrive! 


Welcome 
Nicholas David Colella. (Nico) 
We're going to have a lot of fun together! 





4 comments:

  1. Interesting interpretation of the landscape; I especially love the movement of the trees. It adds a nice tension to the piece even though it is quite calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and you will have a lot of fun! Like the colors of your new painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! How fabulous....a baby boy! Congratulations to you and yours. And I love his new name...Nico was my first choice for my son's name....but I needed a name that started with "J" so Jesse it is (whom you met when we took your workshop together). Enjoy being a Nana....and babysitting as much as they let you!! It's all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete