Friday, September 2, 2016

Off on an Art Adventure!

I'm off tomorrow to do an artist residency in
Gloucester, MA for a month!
I was awarded this amazing opportunity through the 
Copley Society of Art Residency Fellowship
at the Cape Ann Museum and I'm very grateful.




I also thank my incredible family and friends
for all their help and support in this endeavor.
Right now, I have no expectations, agenda, or plan
and look forward seeing where it takes me.

Not sure how much blogging I will do.....
Stay tuned. 

FYI:
"Artist-in-residence programs exist to invite artists
academicians, curators, and all manner of creative people 
for a time and space away from their usual environment and obligations. 
They provide a time of reflection, research, presentation and/or production. 
They also allow an individual to explore his/her practice within another community; 
meeting new people, using new materials, experiencing life in a new location. 
Art residencies emphasize the importance of meaningful and multi-layered 
cultural exchange and immersion into another culture."

NOTE: 
 I think missing this sweet girl is going to be
the hardest part!


Limoncello 
(Cello) 













3 comments:

  1. Wow a whole month! Good for you. I can't wait to see what you do. I did a residency for 2 weeks ... I was terrified but it turned out to be a very exciting experience. Have a great adventure Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy every minute of your new adventure , I know you will love it . It is one of my favorite places to paint when I am up in MA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited for you!!!! You go girl, and just sink in. Just let it happen. Or not. You can't go wrong, and we are all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete