Friday, April 6, 2012

No Drawing Exercise

I'm starting Tuesday morning classes at 
Salty Dog Studio next week. 
For our first class we are going to paint a still life 
without doing any preliminary drawing.
 I did this today to try it out. 
Signs of Spring 
6 x 6 

This is much harder than you'd think. 
The purpose of this exercise is to force yourself 
to see the big shapes. 
And that it does!


Meanwhile:
Yesterday I went up the Rockport Art Association 
to check out where I will be giving the 
weekend workshop April 21 and 22. (sold out!) 
It's a wonderful big space and the folks there couldn't be nicer!
While poking around the quaint harbor town, I spotted this.

Happy Spring! 



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Congrats on your sold out class! I can tell that you are a fantastic instructor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone will love your Rockport workshop! I really like the idea of not drawing - but I think you have to have a bit of experience drawing to do it as well as you did! Love the daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The daffodils are fantastic and wish I could take the class. Love the water view through the hole in the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, Nancy, you got those big shapes and more! good luck with your workshop!

    ReplyDelete