Along with limiting my shapes and colors,
I've been experimenting with "mark making".
This little one
took many turns along the way.
9 x 9 oil
First, I used a different image of the same subject and
blocked it in over an old painting on a carton board.
I got it this far, then scraped the whole thing off
because I didn't like the composition.
(I kind of wish I had kept working in to it
at this point)
I chose a different "view" of the same scene,
and let it dry a bit after I got it this far.
Once tacky, I was able to go back in and soften some of the edges,
and adjust some of the color shapes.
We are in the height of summer,
so I think there will be more experiments
with this subject matter!