Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Early morning plein air

My friend Sally and I agreed to meet in the center of a small beach village near us at 6:00 AM today. The plan was to paint one or two of the cottages in the gorgeous morning light as the sun rises over the ocean. We soon realized that, of all the brilliant sunrises we've had this summer, today was not going to be one of them. There was a dark purple bank of clouds over the ocean, casting a gloomy haze on everything. So, we just set up our gear in a parking lot and went at it. I kind of felt sorry for this abandoned boat and closed up shed, so I decided to paint them.


"Abandoned"
9 x 12

I'm picking up my bike this afternoon at the repair shop and am psyched to finally be able to ride around and scope out possible painting locations. You see a lot more and can get to some interesting places on a bike!   

1 comment: