Monday, September 23, 2013

More Mitchell

 Life kind of got in my way these passed two weeks,
so I've been MIA on blogger.
However, I've been looking at more work by Mitchell Johnson
and couldn't wait to get back to it. 
   
"Pink House" 
10 x 10 
(Inspired by this painting by Mitchell Johnson.)

Truro Porch (Blue Door) 2110, 18 x 32 inches,
oil on linen by Mitchell Johnson. 

His architectural pieces from Cape Cod are my favorite. 
Simple flat shapes.
He says so much with so little.
Just incredible. 


9 comments:

  1. I like these paintings so much. Thanks for introducing me to Mitchell Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these paintings so much. Thanks for introducing me to Mitchell Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That the blue sky just knocks me out! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sky IS that color these days! Incredible light at the beach in New England this time of year. No humidity and so much reflection off the water.A real gift and so inspirational!

      Delete
  4. I like 'Pink House' . I'm going to meet M. Johnson right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Thank you for showing this, new to me, artist! He reminds me a little of Etel Adnan, Love your pink house painting, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your article and great work providing enhanced knowledge to us in such a fascinating way and if you allow I also have some amazing stuff to show you guys about monkey paint by numbers its just a phenomenal work they are doing here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a nice way to deliver the information to people like us and I would also like to share some Monkey Diamond Painting Kits sources for others who can benefit. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete