Monday, March 12, 2018

Taking a Painting Further

Lately I've been taking my paintings
beyond my initial idea or inspiration.
 I'm allowing myself to take risks and let the 
painting tell me what it needs.  

The fear of "ruining" a painting can prevent 
some wonderful discoveries and/or surprises from happening. 


"Gossip" 
8 x 8 oil 

This is the original "block in".


It felt awkward to me so I softened some of the edges,
made the background less detailed 
 and fixed some of the drawing. 

This is still a work in progress. 

I added the red circles to represent the 
words they are having between them.  


SOME NEW THOUGHTS: 
-Try NOT to have a pre-conceived notion
 of what the painting will look like. 
-Nothing is precious.
-Learn to live with chaos. Work through it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment