Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Second Guessing

Sometimes you work on a subject so long, 
you loose your focus on the initial intention, 
and you start second guessing your every move. 

Here's a perfect example;

RAA Kitchen
20 x 16 oil 


Here's the image that inspired me,
(I flipped it) 
I was initially attracted to the purple/ yellow palette 
and the linear shapes of dark and light. 


This is the intitial block in,
that I thought had great potential! 
Fresh brush strokes, high contrast....


Then I took out the clock, warmed it up,
 and softened the dark garbage bags 
making it feel awkward at this point. 

 
So on the I Pad, 
I re-added the clock and removed the trash cans,
which then created too many "blocks" to get to the stove.

So I kept them in, adjusted 
the values of the walls and the door, 
and removed the indent above the stove. 

At this point, it just feels too overworked and stiff.
I'll put it aside, let it dry 
and most likely paint over it.

Lessons learned;
Try to stay focussed on your initial intention. 
Don't listen to the "judge" in the room. 



No comments:

Post a Comment