Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another Version

I'm still experimenting with painting "groups of people",
so I decided to do another version of the same scene I did yesterday. 
I was intrigued by a recent post from  Liz Wiltzen,
 about manipulating photos to get better compositions. 
Today, I did the "map" for this from a few different images,
placing the figures where I wanted them.  

"I'm Having Chocolate"

The real challenge here is that the figures were entirely in the sunlight! 
Very few shadows, so no interesting value pattern. 
I had to rely on color, shapes, and brushstrokes 
to keep it interesting. 


This kind of painting is like piecing together
a puzzle!


1 comment:

  1. OMG...LOVE this..you have naiied your new style now..smooth, creamy, with the perfect amount of action expressed. Nice work my dear

    ReplyDelete