Friday, January 27, 2017

Keep Pushing

I keep pushing myself to focus on shapes of color 
(and not the subject)
 and I think I had a breakthrough of sorts today.  

Painting this upside down 
helped me play with the shape, color and line, 
 without any regard to what they are representing. 



Ultra Marine 
20 x 20 oil  


The initial upside down "lay in". 


When I turned it right side up, 
I was thrilled that it gives the viewer 
a "sense" of a Marina, 
with little to no detail.  

That's what I've been after. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nancy,
    I love the color composition in this painting. It is nice to read about your progress. I have never tried the upside down approach, but always wanted to try it. I feel composition is the most interesting aspect of painting.
    Thanks,
    Garima

    ReplyDelete