Sunday, November 24, 2013

Lesson Learned. Again.


This was a quick and fun painting I did last week
 from an image I've had for awhile. 
Spring on Newbury Street
9 x 12 oil 

I rarely go in and make big changes after the fact. 
Usually just a few tweaks and fixes, that's it. 
Whenever I do, I end up loosing the freshness and spontaneity.
For some reason I thought the railing needed to be straightened and,
well you can see.....
 the painting became over worked and fussy. 


Lesson learned.  
Again! 

3 comments:

  1. The first one is so Sovek, great ! The finished painting would be very easy to live with too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second one better..gorgeous color..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, do I hear you! You would have loved Mark's class! Great receptive group. So much fun. New doors opening! Love your blog! Xo

    ReplyDelete