Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bride's Circle

To push myself further, 
I chose a busy and complicated subject,
gave myself one hour to cover the canvas, and
outlined the shapes in black acrylic.
Then thought about color. 

Bride's Circle
12 x 12 

The absence of value, or light and shadow,
 is so foreign to me! 
However, I find this way of interpreting a scene 
very freeing.  

Note: 
Here's some of the images I've been exploring! 

Mid 20th C oil 
signed "Ruilla" available at 


Wedding Dance in the Open Air 
Pieter Bruegel the Elder 
1566 

Who doesn't love a wedding?


1 comment:

  1. HI NANCY! I am seriously crazy about your beautiful paintings! I love the shapes and colors and your beach ones are fantastic. I really love the way you capture crowds and hope to be at your level some day.

    Do you have any social media accounts such as facebook or instagram? I'd love to be able to follow your work on instagram.

    ReplyDelete