Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day

After all the hub bub of the holidays,  
we like to do nothing but relax at the beach to bring in the New Year. 
While on the couch reading the new Bon Appetite magazine 
I saw this ad and got inspired to paint. 

I had a small Winsor Newton watercolor set and  
my cool Isabey brush from france. 
Then I magically found 
eight small pre-cut  pieces of watercolor paper! 

 It was so fun to just play and
what a great way to relax! 
(and get geared up to get back to work in studio tomorrow!) 

"Statistically, we are not all the same"
eight 3" x 2" watercolors

Happy New Year one and all.
Can't wait to see what's going to happen next!  

4 comments:

  1. Are these contour drawings? they're very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's just fabulous! And very inspiring. So fresh. Happy New Years Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so like the mug shot project - I LOVE it. Do more, more, more - and, hey, you are amazing in watercolor!!!!

    ReplyDelete