Friday, February 4, 2011

Show Time!

I just found out that my painting "Nap Time" was accepted in to the
 Winter Members Show; "White Light" 
at the Copley Society in Boston.
Show opens Thursday March 3, 5:30 - 7:30 and runs through April 8. 
As a new member, you have to be accepted in to three juried shows 
before you become a Copley Artist.
One down, two to go! 
Nap Time
8 x 10 oil

Also, the opening of the Duxbury Art Association Winter Juried Show 
at the Art Complex Museum opens this Saturday night from 7 - 9 pm. 
This piece of mine is in the show.
"Wing Tips"
12 x 12 oil
The best news of all, is that a student of mine told me that a painting
she did the day after she took a workshop from me,
is getting second prize in oils at the WJS! 
I'm not taking any credit, it's just nice to know I may have had a tiny bit of influence. 
Congratulations Joanne!    

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Nancy! I love this painting of yours and your acceptance is well deserved! Great news about your student's painting too. I don't teach art but I have taught before and it is a satisfying feeling when your students do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Nanny on all these wonderful, well deserved things! I love "Nap Time" particularly, it looks like a familiar place to me, someplace I'm headed, for tea and ...yeah, a nap, covered by cats and a pug!

    ReplyDelete