Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Finally Found Some Frames

I've been using distressed painted wood frames for years. Recently, I have been thinking about a more modern and clean look. I've worked with a great guy all these years who is a "deconstructionist". He takes apart old buildings all over the country and salvages the wood from interiors and exteriors of barns, school houses, taverns, cottages - you name it. A lot of  emails and photos later...this is what we came up with. I varnished the first one, and lightly sanded and stained the second one.  




      



My dearest and insightful artist friend Joan Brancale saw them and said they reminded her of a 40's beach cottage. 
That is exactly the look I was after. So yipee! 

3 comments:

  1. Like them, but I always loved you distressed wood ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look.

    I hope you haven't given up on the old beat up ones entirely though!

    ReplyDelete