Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Real Stand Out

Everyone who drives by this house overlooking the beach on Jerusalem Road in Cohasset can't help but notice it. It takes a lot of moxie to build a contemporary home in New England! They tend to stand out.

I painted this today from the, above mentioned, beach for my Challenge entry. It was our first real summer-like day so Nantasket Beach was not an option. That would have been nuts! We ended up at what I call "Rocky Beach" where we could park and be left alone. I spent 45 minutes on an uninspired seascape, wiped it off, then turned my easel around and did this. I'd love to meet the people that live in this house.     

2 comments:

  1. I like the light in his painting. The shapes in the house lends itself to great light and shadows. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the painting too.I believe this house is a Bauhaus..or at least designed to be like one..modeled on the German architect, Walter Gropius's famous houses

    ReplyDelete