Monday, December 5, 2011

From Big to Small. And Back Again?

A few weeks ago, I bought eight of these 5 x 7 frames at IKEA 
with no idea what I was going to do with them.  

Red Cape 
5 x 7 

I guess I was thinking of a series of some kind? Or gifts. 
Today, I was curious to see what would happen if I took my 
favorite "architecture in the landscape" subject,
and painted it SMALL! 
(I have been doing them very large lately. See older posts)  
So, I did this 5 x 7 on my Karin Jurick easel, 
on black gesso board using synthetic brushes. 
It was an interesting exercise. 
I felt like a caged animal!
I wanted to "bust out!"
I think I need to do this as a 16 x 20 as soon as possible.



2 comments:

  1. I love this one just as it is - it is a sparkling gem! But bigger would be great, too. Just, at this intimate size, you can fill up the space with the house like this, and it doesn't look like a house portrait. It looks like a little house anyone would want hanging in their home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous small painting.... colors are luscious!

    ReplyDelete